Fort Predel

Fort Predel is located about one kilometer from the former frontier Predel. It belongs between one of the six Carinthia strongholds.

The first fortification was already built in the time of the Napoleon Wars and was burnt down twice in the fights between the French and the Austrians. In the year 1850 they built a new stronghold, which was constructed from the main building on the rising and the smaller barrier by the road. The Fort Predel was reorganized to the military warehouse in the year 1898, because it became obsolete and it did not suited to the changed military regulations. After the First World War it was no longer maintained, so today only the walls can be seen.

Read 597 times
Rate this item
(0 votes)